Friday

two little dickie birds

...well three actually ..but it's late and I couldn't think of any more interesting titles lol

. I'm going to be decorating my living room again before Christmas (yes hubby I am!!) and you know how it is when you have to have things matching . Well I think I have purchased a whole new set of tree ornaments every year for about the last six years  in every colour imaginable except obviously for the colour I'm going to be having in my new living room of course lol which is going to be green . I think if I dare come home with yet another new set this year I'll be heading for the divorce courts :P .So I've decided I'm going to go neutral and go all silver and white. I have quite a lot of silver already so just need to add a few white touches. I was browsing for ideas and came across quite a lot of home made decs so thought I would have a go

My first attempts and I only wish I could get the sparkle to show up on the camera. I have smothered them with glamour dust and they are much nicer IRL if I do say so myself!.



The template for the birdhouse is from HERE  which I took into serif and resized and I just made the layered roofs with scalloped rectangle nesties
I hand cut the branches and doves and made some little hangers with seed beads
They only measure about 5cms high and were super fiddly to do but I really enjoyed myself making them.

Thanks for stopping by
Kerry x

31 comments:

Roma said...

These are really cute kerry :)

Bitter_Angel said...

They are very cute.
Last year we just had white lights on our tree and glass icicles. It looks really pretty.

CraftyLoops said...

These are so stunning Kerry and really elegant too. Lee x

magagi said...

These are lovely Kerry. Stunning x

Denise said...

these are just stunning xx

kay said...

they are adorable and will look fab on your tree,x

Christine L said...

Oooh Kerry, they are absolutely gorgeous and will look stunning on your tree!
Hugs
Christine x

Irene said...

These are just brilliant Kerry.They are going to look absolutely smashing on your tree this Christmas.
Irene x

susiestacey said...

WOW Kerry - l am blown away by these, they are absolutely stunning and hopefully l will have a go at these over the weekend. Thank you for sharing x Susan x

Lynne said...

Brilliant Kerry and I bet they look even better IRL. They`re gonna look fab on your tree in your newly decorated living room.
Lynne xxx

Pink Dandelion said...

Beautiful decorations Kerry, thanks for the link. Would love to see photos when they are on your tree in your new living room. Debs xx

MONICA GALE said...

ADORABLE< WOW!!!!

Squirrel x said...

OH WOW!! Kerry, these are just STUNNING hunny - just love how you have created them, you clever little bunny. Hugs Sxx

Katina said...

Oh my word Kerry!! These are fabulous!!! They look like those expensive ornaments you can buy that cost a fortune for one, and I drool over them in the posh garden centre near where I live. I've got about 5 different sets of ornaments in the loft in different colour schemes, lol! I've just done my living room in green, cream and a mocha shade - looks lovely and fresh but, like you,none of my sets match! xx

Sheila said...

Wow you are amazing! Stunning work and thanks for sharing the link Kerry! Sheila:)X

Melodie said...

The cutest little bird-houses ever!! Absolutely gorgeous, Kerry ... you are sooooo talented :)

Good luck with the decorating!!

Hugs, Melodie x

rosie said...

fab bird houses. elegant, stunning and professional x

Lynn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lynn said...

These look beautiful Kerry, well done. I'm off to check out that template now - thanks.

Lynn x

Redland81 said...

Wow these ae amazing Kerry

Julie said...

Ohhh Kerry,these are so special!.x

CAROL said...

Hi Kerry, thank you stopping by my blog and for your lovely comment, I love these little bird houses they are beautiful. Carol x

MARY B said...

They are beautiful, Mary x

Wendy said...

Wow Kerry,these are fabulous,will look stunning on your tree,well done.
Wendy xx

Sue said...

Fabulous project Kerry. Sue.x

Becky said...

Gorgeous Kerry.
Becky x

magic said...

wow i thought these were from a shop and was going to ask where i can get them. They are amazing. Might have a go myself x

dizzy di said...

Adorable Kerry!
Many thanks for the link ;)

Viv said...

These look amazing Kerry, I love white and silver decs too :O) Viv xx

Pink Dandelion said...

Hi Kerry, I've just uploaded my version of your birdhouses to my blog if you'd like to have a look. Thanks again for the link. Debs xx

Enamul Hoq said...

Always i like birds . Like your post so much . Clipping Path
Remove White Background