Friday

And now for something completely different

My Sister has asked me to make a card for her best friend who has just had a beautiful baby girl.
The lady in question orders a lot of cards from me so i wanted to do something completely different
that she hadn't seen before. I was having a browse over on the Clipart Fairy and spied these little beauts.
I have never really been into book cards before as I always thought they were a bit old fashioned when made with those boards. But Wendy has brought then bang up to date with these gorgeous printables.... just beautiful !!



I made a little tag by resizing one of the layers which slides under the verse page
for my sister to write her message on


 I printed the digi three times coloured with prisma pencils then decoupaged/ paper pieced 
and added a teeny tiny pearl on her dummy

 

For the paper for the base layer I simply enlarged one of the pages and trimmed of the decorative edges.

Challenge time
Creative Card Crew - for a child
Digital Tuesday -  For the Kids 
The Burtonesque Dolls - New Arrivals
House of Gilli -  - Ribbon and Pearls
Magical Mondays - use a shaped card
Stampin' Sisters in Christ - Paper Piecing


Thanks for stopping by
Kerry x

29 comments:

The Fairy said...

Absolutely gorgeous hun and I'm sure your sister's freind will love it, loving the pearl on the dummy, sooooo cute and your cutting out is awesome

Hugs
Wendy x

Kathleen said...

Absolutely gorgeous.
Hugs xx

Ruth said...

Very imaginative!! It's beautiful. Ruth x

Kellylouj said...

Gorgeous Kerry, are these easy to use? I looked at them at christmas time bought thought I would need some special tools to use it

jules said...

Oh Kerry just stunning!!!!! and i LOVE the baby image!

Aileen said...

Really pretty. love the sleeping baby. x

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Hi Kerry
These are gorgeous and beautiful,
hugs Dianne xx :)

Linda said...

Another Stunning card Kerry, love the digi baby! It's a Lovely Card.

If you take a look at my latest card on my blog you will see that I managed to make a sentiment using your tutorial, thankyou so much. Hope your feeling better, Linda xx

Jane said...

Blimey! A beautiful & 'keep-forever' gift...love it xx

Julie said...

Very nicely done Kerry

Judi said...

BEAUTIFUL work Kerry! You really are a clever girl.

Hugs

Judi xx

Lee said...

Oh WOW,this is AMAZING and professional.Love everything about both.xx

Becky said...

This is just gorgeous! Wonderful colors and design. Thank you for joining us at Stampin Sisters in Christ.

Elaine Stark said...

beautiful. I didn't much like book cards either, but this is so different. Well done on making it look so sweet and simple. Elaine

Lynsey said...

Wow Kerry what a beautiful card!
Hugs Lynsey x

Grenouille Greetings said...

STUNNING Kerry! Love this set! Hugs, Lesley

susiestacey said...

Gorgeous Kerry - so different x Susan x

Christine L said...

Wowwww how different and how absolutely gorgeous!
Hugs
Christine x

Dawn said...

Wow! This is beautiful! Thank you for joining in at Creative Card Crew!

Amy Johnson said...

Wow! This is truly stunning and amazing! I just love it! THanks for playing the DTC this week!

Mau xx said...

THis is so sweet Kerry, I bet it goes down a treat, You have excelled xx and what a lovely name baby has.
hope you are well sweetie x

Miesje said...

This is absolutely beautiful! What a treasure you created. Love it! Thanks for joining us this week at Stampin Sisters in Christ!

Katina said...

I am speechless! xxxx

Grace said...

This is just so adorable! I love this book style card and the pull out is fantastic! Love the sweet image and paper piecing! Thanks for sharing it with us at Stampin Sisters in Christ this week!

Lisa said...

Hi Kerry, This is beautiful! Such a sweet baby image.

Lisa x

Dionne said...

Wow, this is so gorgeous and very different. I love the layers and pearl on the dummy.
Thanks for joining us at House of Gilli.

Faith A said...

An amazing set, just beautiful

Susan's crafty chaos said...

This is absolutely beautiful! Thanks very much for playing along with our For A Child challenge at the Creative Card Crew! :D

Enamul Hoq said...

So much thanks for sharing this guy with us .
Clipping Path
Remove White Background