Monday

Modern flowers in page plus

I said yesterday I would do a little tut on how I did THIS CARD
using the modern flowers 5 image from Digistamp Boutique

I was hoping to be able to share a full picture tutorial but I have had difficulty capturing the pop up menus so I will add as many pictures as I can and hopefully you can understand the rest of my written instructions :) It is VERY simple honest or there is no way I could do it lol

Well here goes:
I always resize/recolour my images in a free programme called Page Plus which you can download HERE

Once installed open up the program and click on

CREATE MY OWN DESIGN


This will bring up a new page selection where you can choose a4 a5 landscape portrait etc..choose whichever suits your needs

Once your new page is all set up you need to insert the image
to do this click on the small picture icon in the tool bar


This will bring up a small pop up of drop down menus
for you to choose the image you wish to insert from your computer
Locate and click on your selection and OPEN or DOUBLE CLICK

So now we have our image on the page
This is were we can start to play


For the card I made yesterday I simply printed the image out in a very pale version
of the colour I wished to watercolour with and used it as a guide for my colouring. (AS ABOVE)

TO CHANGE THE IMAGE COLOUR

Click on the image
then right click
choose FILL from the drop down menu
then change the type drop down to SOLID
then simply choose which colour you wish to change the image to and click ok.

If the image is still not pale enough simply
right click on the image again
choose transparency from the drop down
Again change the type to SOLID use the slider to fade

*********

Then you can simply fill in with your colouring medium
here's one I have started to watercolour

Another using prismacolor pencils

And here's another completed card using markers

Now if you really couldn't be bothered to even colour you could always
have another play in the settingsand use the transparency tool
to give special effects such as this
To get this printed effect
Follow the steps above in TO CHANGE THE IMAGE COLOUR
Then right click on the image again
choose TRANSPARENCY from the drop down
Then choose GRADIENT in the first type drop down
then Choose one of the options from the second type drop down menu
and use the slider to give differing effect
For the image above I used CONICAL option

*********

You can change any digi in this way even the outline images
For instance I often change my outline to a soft grey or brown especially for bears etc
which gives a much softer effect than a harsh black outline.
I also like to change my text in this way to match the images perfectly.
Page Plus is a super little tool for anyone who wants to do the basics like flip, rotate, change colours
and sizes etc without having to remember loads of complicated tools and instructions.

I hope my little tut has been helpful and just to say
that I am in NO WAY connected with SERIF or page plus
or am I an expert on the subject this is just how I do things.

It is also worth noting that you might like to ask the creator of any images you wish
to alter in this way if it is ok to do so???
I wouldn't want anyone breaking anyones angel policies/terms of use.

If you have any questions please feel free to chat box me

Kerry x






25 comments:

kay said...

totally understood it kerry,fab tutorial,shall have a play when i finish work,x

Sheila in Cyprus said...

Thanks for yet again a fab tutorial Kerry. I am pretty useless with a computer but you have made it look easy peasy. Will download and have play later. Thanks again. Love Sheila (Cyprus)

Donna Mosley said...

Thanks Kerry for the great tutorial. What a great way to alter digi's, the possibilities are endless. Definately going to give it a go. Thanks again.

Donna x

Cazza said...

Thanks Kerry, sounds like a fab little program!
Hugs,
Cazza
xxx

Ruth said...

Thanks for taking the time to share this.I can't wait to give it a go! Ruth x

SueB said...

Thank you for the demo Kerry, your card is just wonderful! Suzie xxx :)

doreeng said...

Thanks kerry. will have to download that program and get practising. hope i find it as easy as you make it sound lol.

Love to Doodle! said...

Wow Kerry - a fabulous tut - I shall have a go myself....love the green by the way too....thank you sooo much. xx

Viv said...

Thanks Kerry.....I wonder if I can do this in psp as I use that mostly. I do change colours there but didn't think to change a digi image, thanks for the tip I will try it :O) Viv xx

Melodie said...

Great tutorial, Kerry. Thanks so much for taking such a lot of time to make everything so clear ... clever lady! Warm wishes & hugs x

Mau xx said...

This looks very interesting Kerry, and your finished creation looks Beautiful.
Would be lovely to share our lovely coast walk with you, could take you to that little cream washed smugglers pub in the Piccy for your lunch...lol
We live 10mns walk from the beach. xx

Wishcraft said...

Great tutorial Kerry, and I love the green version of your card. If I ever manage to get Page Plus installed I'll have a go - it doesn't seem to want to go on my computer! Will have to ask hubby :o) Lisa x

*Vicki* said...

WOW!! Now this is really inspiring!! Thanks so much for sharing your tutorial here!! Those flowers are just gorgeous!! HUGS

Katina said...

Thanks so much for this Kerry! I've had Pageplus for ages and didn't know I could do this with it, duh!! xxxxxx

Daryll said...

Thanks very much for this, but I have a question pls. When I tried to download the program it asked for my product key, do I really need that? It wouldn't seem to let me any further without it. Hope you can help cos I really want to be able to use it. xxx

pickle said...

DARYLL

Your product key should be on the email you received when you registered

HTH
Kerryx

Biscuitlid said...

gorgeous work Kerry and a fabby tutorial too.
Hugs
Victoria
x

Louise said...

Thanks for the tutorial- I must have a go at that some time.

Julie said...

Thanks for the tutorial, a great way to alter your digi images.

Kathleen said...

those flowers are just gorgeous!
love the way you've coloured them!
kathleen mc xx

maggie said...

thanks kerry for sharing .. this is brilliant will give it a go
mags

Fiona said...

Great tutorial Kerry - might have a try tomorrow.

Many thanks

Fiona x

Sue said...

Thank for this Kerry. Very useful, I will definitely give it a try. Sue.

Maureen said...

Thanks Kerry, have followed your instructions and ended up with coloured, shaded daisies -really pleased !!

Enamul Hoq said...

Gorgeous to see your creation .
Clipping Path
Remove White Background