Monday

Simply Snowdrops

Of all the new releases over on A Passion for Stamps this beautiful Snowdrop digi image just spoke to me. Snowdrops were my Paternal Grandmas favourite flower so they always remind me of her. She passed away when I was 10 but I have so many happy memories of her. Dad and I visited her ever Sunday morning. She was always baking, making pies and such and I used to beg her to let me crimp the edges..her apple pie was to die for!! and I always got a pound note pocket money :) happy days

For my card I used the snowdrops digi image from A Passion for Stamps which I printed out twice onto papermillshop linen effect cardstock.
I coloured them with prisma pencils and cut one out with a circle nestie then I decoupaged a few of the petals. Thenwashed over them lightly with sakura stardust pen picked up with a waterbrush. Shame you can't quite see on the picture as it gives a really subtle shimmery effect to the snowdrops.
I made a debossed circular frame on the card blank by laying the same nestie onto the card blank and flipping over before running round with an embossing tool.
The sentiment was again computer generated ( honeyscript font) and I added a few faux pearls to finish.

Not often I say this but I LOVE how this card turned out. Looks even better in real life :)

A passion for stamps have some stunning new realses recently. Some more stunning flowers and the cutest little spring animals you ever did see.

Thanks for stopping by
Kerry x

22 comments:

Julie said...

Oh Kerry.......you've excelled yourself with this stunner,your grandmother must surely be smiling down on you,exquisite!!!! Hugs,Julie x

Noreen said...

What a stunning card Kerry. Happy memories of a very special lady too. :-) xx

Dotty Jo said...

So beautiful! Jo x

Susan said...

A gorgeous card Kerry. Your Grandmother sounds like a wonderful person. My Nana is in hospital at present (she is 88) and we are not sure if she will make it. Your lovely memories remind me to think of the good times too! Thanks.
Susan xxox
http://stamponme.blogspot.com/

Sheila in Cyprus said...

Clean, elegant and fabulous. Like your delicate colouring and 3D on petals. Thanks for the tip on embossing with a nestie, will give it a try. Another stunner! Love Sheila (Cyprus)

kay said...

another stunner kerry,your simplicity is so amazing,x

Christine L said...

I LIKE!
Hus
Christine x

Ruth said...

No wonder you love this one..I do too! Simple elegance! Thanks for the printing tip last night, I'll have a look after work, Ruth x

Margarets designer cards said...

A lovely simple and gorgeous card, I love the image so sweet.
Margaret

Viv said...

Oh wow Kerry this is so perfect I love it, well done again. I never tire of seeing your cards:O) Viv xx

Sally said...

It is so beautiful Kerry & how you've done the snowdrop image with decoupaged petals is amazing. I love all your CAS cards, they give me so much inspiration.
Sally x

Sue said...

Just gorgeous, Kerry. I love it. Sue.x

Cazza said...

WOW Kerry, stunning card hon!! :o)
Hugs,
Cazza
xxx

coops said...

simply fantastic kerry.the image is beautiful :D

xx coops xx

Shaz said...

Lovely card Kerry, and such a gorgeous image. x

Katina said...

Beautiful memories and a beautiful card. Absolutely stunning Kerry! xx

Loli said...

Hello Pickle, thank you for visit my blog an post a comment.
Beautiful cards, i like your style, good job.
Regards from Palma de Mallorca

Grenouille Greetings said...

This card is gorgeous, Kerry. So CAS, so you and those little snowdrops really pop! Hugs, Lesley

Anonymous said...

STUNNING CARD.SUZYD X

Barbara said...

Love this, as Snowdrops are one of my favorite flowers,simplicity is hard to do.Love the debossed circle,just tried it using large embossing tool,but cant achieve your results,is there a secret to it.Stunning card once again

Julie said...

Gorgeous design

Enamul Hoq said...

Simple but awesome .
Clipping Path
Remove White Background