Saturday

An angel without wings???? and some news

I am super excited to tell you that the lovely Wendy over at The clipart fairy has asked me to be the first member of her design team. I only discovered Wendy's fab site a few weeks ago and I have really enjoyed working with the graphics so, How could I refuse?

Here are a couple of projects I have been working on using some of the graphics/digi stamps

For this one, I used one of a set of digi stamps called winter wishes angels
You get 5 character stamps and a sentiment for 65p Yes you read that right 65 p!!!!!!
For this one I cut her wings off ! Because this is for my great Niece Hattie who is 2 going on 22..and believe me she is NO angel lol her nickname is Horrid Harriet
I coloured the image with prisma pencils
I sparkled the background up using a large sheet of double side tape
and punched out the snowflakes and then sprinkled with glamour dust.
I printed the sentiment from the computer.

My second project is using the ready to print graphics
this one incorporate christmas caroler boy B
and christmas carolers
I simply layered them up in page plus and printed onto tissue paper
then heated onto the candle

These are for my nieces kids to give as xmas thank yous to teaching assistants
and the ladies who look after them in afterschool club etc
I had to make 8 in total, which was a breeze using Wendy's fab graphics

Here they all are


I hope you like my latest creations and please do pop over to the clipart fairy site and have a browse.
I will not be held responsible for any spends though...lol
Wendy also has a great blog here offering some great freebies and another here giving tutorials of how to print the graphics and make up the cards .

We had a little smattering of snow in the night and it's looking absolutely gorgeous outside. I am even starting to feel a bit Christmassy :)

Take care and keep warm peeps

Kerry x

Edited to add:
A lot of people have asked me how to do the candles.
There is a great tut here on SCS and a fair few on youtube too. It's the same basic technique except I printed my images onto tissue paper rather than stamped. To do this I cut a piece of tissue paper slightly smaller than A4 then I taped that onto a sheet of copier paper to allow me to feed it throguh my printer. All printer are different so I can't guarantee it will work on yours but It works fine on my 2 epsons. You must remember to tape the tissue down onto the copier paper all the way around though.And I always pur my settings on to text and picture so as not to use too much ink as this can bleed.
Hope that helps
Kerry x

30 comments:

Katina said...

Absolutely stunning creations Kerry!!! I'm not at all surprised that Wendy's snapped you up - congrats xxxxxxxxx

Sarpreet said...

hi Kerry, these are gorgeous and so are your candles? Can i ask what you wrapped your candles in?

Julie said...

ADORABLE Kerry,how clever to use them for candles. I'm always a fan of your stunning cards,how lucky Wendy is to have you! Off to check out her blog now. Thanks for the link,Julie.x

hello gorgeous said...

haha! these are gorgeous Kerry! The teachers will be so happy to receive them.... ;o)

hugs

hello gorgeous xxx

Bev said...

What great creations Kerry! Love those images. Congratulations on becoming a member of Clipart Fairys DT XX

Lee said...

Just saw these on docrafts.You are a very talented lady.These candles are STUNNING.xx

Sally Atkins said...

Many congratulations Kerry! I love your projects here - those candles are fantastic with all the teachers' names on! x

Kellylouj said...

Kerry what can I say amazing again x

The Fairy said...

Hi Kerry, both stunning projects (as always)those candles are just awesome. A warm welcome to the DT and a huge thank you for saying yes :)

Hugs
Wendy x

Vixx handmade cards said...

Hiya Kerry what gorgeous creations hun! Well done on the dt call, well deserved and I'm not surprised :o)
hugs Vicky xx

Julie said...

Lovely work Kerry and congrats on your new DT position.

Sally said...

Wow Kerry, these are soooooo cool!
Puts mine to shame :( lol

Sally said...

Sending big congrats on being chosen as a designer. You surely deserve it! x

Amanda said...

Hi Kerry
What a gorgeous card, looks like I will be spending at the clip art fairy again this week lol. Congratulations on the DT position, it is well deserved and can't wait to see all the new cards.
Amanda XX

Pami said...

Hi Kerry, I love your projects, especially the candles, they look great, fantastic idea. Congrats on your DT. Pami x

Sarpreet said...

hi Kerry, thank you for replying to my question. Your work is amazing, the candles are gorgeous. I love all your cards, and I am always visiting. Just recently I wish i had more time to comment on everyones blogs

xGemmax said...

Congrats Kerry on your new DT position, you deserve it hunni!!

Gorgeous card and candles....ive just been having a nosey on clipart fairy site, the digis are gorgeous and a bargin too :o)
hugs and xxx

jgaffneycards said...

Congrats Kerry on becoming part of the DT, love the card and the candles, i would love to know how to do that to candles, it would save me alot on Xmas presents,

Jenny :)

Suzie Q said...

Wow you have been busy - gorgeous projects x
hugs
Suzie Qx

Paper Pixie Wedding Invitations and Handmade Cards said...

Such a pretty card Kerry, as always and your candles are fab will need to find out how to do these fab idea as teachers gifts........ K x

coops said...

stunning card and candles kerry.i love the fab images and congrats hun on your new dt position :D

xx coops xx

Shelly said...

Hi Kerry - two fabulous projects... I love the card, such a cute image and so cheap! I love how you've done the snowflakes... I might have to pinch that idea lol! Your candles are beautiful... the teachers will be over the moon! So talented! Shelly x

Ribbon Girl said...

Kerry - when you say 'heated' how did you actually transfer the printing from tissue paper onto the candle ...... I'd love to know, it is such a clever idea! Mary x

Kerry P said...

im with everyone else whos asking HOW did you transfer the pics onto candles from tissue paper? PLEASE share that ;o)
Congrats on joining Wendy on her team!

a message from gillyflower said...

hiya
congratulations on your new post
love the card and the candles are just gorgeous great work as always
the candles look so professional
if i don't come by again in the next week or so (as i'm not a very good blogger these days)
have a very happy xmas
gill xx

Sue said...

Congratulations Kerry on your DT selection, well deserved. Love the projects, the recipients are in for a treat.x

Grenouille Greetings said...

These candles are gorgeous, Kerry. I love them. BTW, where do you buy your candles - everywhere I look they all seem horribly expensive! Warmest wishes, Lesley

Grenouille Greetings said...

I'm back... I was just going to your other post with the lovely, lovely card and I realised it was in the same post. Love your soft colours and simple design. Warmest wishes, Lesley

Anonymous said...

thanks amigo! great post!

Enamul Hoq said...

A lot of thanks for awesome post sharing with us .
Remove White Background
Clipping Path