Tuesday

More fantabulous news

The very lovely Ruth from A Passion for stamps has asked me to design some cards using her gorgeous digi images

I first "met" Ruth over on the Docrafts forum. She used to draw a lot of the images for her stunning cards and after some encouragement we talked her into producing some stamps and then in February this year she decided to release some of her Beautiful designs as Digi's

So without further ado ..here is my first card




The image is called Two Roses Isn't it Absolutely gorgeous?? I added the wording myself and printed out onto cream card then coloured with prisma colour pencils.

I then embossed the background on my cuttlebug using stylised flowers and script folder then ink around the edges very lightly using antique linen distress ink.
I finally added a little sheer ribbon and a couple of pearls to finish.

I got the inspiration from this card from the fab Julie I just love the way Julie lightly inks around the edges of her cards to add just the right amount of definition and all the embossing she uses.. Thanks Julie

Now I think you will agree that this is NOT my usual style of card..Very grown up for me (growing up at last my ma will be pleased lol) :-P But I had the best time making it..

I am entering this card into the papertake weekly challenge
where the theme is do something different. Deffo different for me ..grown up

Hope the start to your week has been as fab as mine
Take care and happy crafting
Kerry x

27 comments:

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Hi Kerry
A beautiful card and Congratulations,
Hugs Dianne xx :)

kay said...

congratulations kerry,its a gorgeous card and i know you will be a fab dt member,x

Michelle said...

Your card is stunning Kerry and those roses are beautiful, congratulations on your DT post xx

Jennifer said...

Lovely card Kerry! Congrats on your DT positions. Look forward to working with you at DSB xx Jenny xx http://myinkyhands-jennifer.blogspot.com

Lizzy xx said...

Stunning card Kerry as always ~ Congrats on your DT post hun xx Lizzy xx

Elaine Stark said...

congratulations. Your card is so fresh and elegant. beautiful. Elaine

Ruth said...

Wow! This is stunning! I just keep going back for another look! Thanks so much for a fantastic DT card, Ruth x

Julie said...

wow Kerry its stunning and congratulations

mckinkle said...

Super card Kerry, well done you on being asked to make some cards for your friends images!

Keryn x

Jane x said...

Congratulations on yet more fabby news, well deserved. Love the card as always. Jane x

Steph Roberts said...

This is absolutely gorgeous what a beautiful card!

Julie said...

This is gorgeous Kerry - as you know I love this style of card ;). Congrats on your DT position too.

Ohneilly said...

This is gorgeous Kerry, I am so imressed Claire x

coops said...

wow absolutely stunning card kerry.massive congrats on your dt position too hun.luv coops.xx

Julie said...

Just stunning! x

Little K Smith said...

Stunning card, lovely image and love your sentiment too, had tears in my eyes when I read it!
Kelly.x

little miss naughty ??? said...

gorgeous card kerry, lmn x

Eisbärin said...

Stunning work, Kerry! Congratulations for the DT spot!
Love, Alex

Netty said...

I love this card, couldn't leave a comment on Docraft for some reason so took this opportunity.
Great blog by the way.
Annette x

Kellylouj said...

wow fab card, love the images am off to take a look now!

craftyfingers said...

Congratulations and a beautiful card
carol x

Margarets designer cards said...

Hi Kerry

A very beautiful card and lovely colours well done Margaret

Diane J said...

A beautiful card... love the image of the roses and the verse. Congrats for your DT post. Diane x

Chris said...

A beautiful card. I love all of your cards. Hugs Chris

Patricia said...

This is an excellent card, saw it on do-craft and loved it xx

Shirley-anne said...

this is one elegant card . Love the sponging on edges . Simply elegant .

Paula Gale said...

WOW - very fitting that she should ask you to show them off... how very lovely.

Paula x x x